Apparently, I’m not in college anymore.
Apparenty, I can’t eat Chinese food three times a week and expect to stay the same size if the only exercise I do is walking to and from the fridge.
Apparently, I’m supposed to actually care what I put in my body.
APPARENTLY THIS IS ADULTHOOD AND IT SUCKS.
So apparently I need to start taking better care of myself. Ugh
Over the next six months, I will be in 2 different countries besides America, I will be attending 2 anniversary parties where I will be dressed to the nines, I will be at 2 weddings within less than a month from each other, and I will be spending June through August in a bikini because I am pale as all hell and it makes me look slightly ill.
All of that means I need to be in prime fighting form. So I’ve decided to start eating healthy and going to the gym on a regular (ish) basis. I think dragging my sorry ass onto the stair master at least 3 times a week can’t be a bad thing, even if it makes me want to dive head first into a pool of hungry sharks. But not only do I want to burn fat, I also want to build some serious muscle. Yea… We’ll see how that works out.
But anyway, the reason for this post is to tell you about my healthy snack that I made all by myself: Frozen Yogurt Covered Blueberries
Obviously, I did not make this adorable little snack up, but I did conquer the hell out of it in my kitchen tonight. Bare with me while I pretend this was a serious job, ok?
First of all, I found this “recipe” online, if you can call it that. The frozen yogurt covered blueberries or FYCB as I will henceforth refer to them, are extremely straight forward and super easy. No joke, babies can do this. I haven’t checked out the rest of the site but it’s on my list of things to do. But without furtheradieu; FYCB.
- Greek Yogurt- I used blueberry because I’m not creative but any flavor works
- Blueberries (duh)
- A baking sheet to rest them on
- Wax paper or aluminum foil to cover the baking sheet
- A literal teaspoon, not the measuring device… Or a toothpick, which is what the recipe link above uses.
To make th FYCB:
- First and foremost, make sure you wash the berries. This is critical because if you don’t that can be gross. I rinse mine, then left them in a bowl of water for about a minute. Then I strained them. Way easy and just a better idea
- Next, let them air dry a bit because I found that the yogurt stuck better to the dry blueberries
- (This will not sound pretty but if you’ve been here long, you know that nothing ever gets done “prettily”) BUT once they’re semi dry, dunk the berries into the yogurt, one at a time is probably best
- Swirled them around the yogurt container with the teaspoon until the berry is fully covered
- Take them out of the yogurt cup with the spoon and plopped them on the tray, leaving a little space between each
- Place in the freezer for about an hour
Once they’ve been in there for about an hour, they’ll be cold and hard and really delicious on a really hot day. Careful though, if your teeth are sensitive to cold, proceed with caution.
The recipe I veered away from didn’t give any calories because she deemed the FYCB as healthy. I think she just didn’t wanna do the math to figure it out, which is completely understandable because I don’t want to either. But if you’re curious, the yogurt I used (Dannon’s Light and Fit Greek) is 80 calories for the whole container. I obviously didn’t use the whole container but I’ve included a picture of the nutritional info. Also, according to MyFitnessPal, which I’ve decided to use in my quest for a smaller waist, claims that one cup of blueberries is 11 calories. So if you care enough to figure that out, here ya go
Wish me luck on my quest friends!