Yes, I really did buy myself a pen in the shape of a baguette

I might have lost weight with all of the walking we did in Europe if we didn’t eat 3 dinners a night while there.

While the food in Paris wasn’t my favorite, the Roman food was killer. But besides food, here is what my European adventure consisted of…

We flew into Charles de Gaulle airport at 8am Wednesday morning and scoured the airport for a info booth. We bought the museum pass and train tickets and took the B train into Cité Universitaire. We came out of the metro and I started to get nervous because I had no idea where I was. Thankfully, I found a little bit of wifi and mapped out our way to the hotel. The entire 15 minute walk I stayed nervous because, at that point, God only knew if we were going the right way.

Finally, we found the hotel, only to be told we couldn’t check in yet. Luckily, Nick and I were both in comfortable enough shoes to start our adventure immediately.

First stop, the Eiffel Tower… Obviously.


Next stop, the aquarium… Accidentally.


After walking randomly, finding bad food and walking around aimlessly again, we finally made our way back to the hotel (after I got us lost a lot and had to give up the map)



We passed out at 6pm that night.

The next morning we started museuming in Paris with the Louvre.










That night, we got to see the Tour Eiffel sparkle and had the best dinner in France.



Our last day in France was spent in Versailles and D’Orsay. I injured myself in Versailles (I’m still limping, kinda.)





And then we went to Rome! As sketchy as Rome is (we ended up at the wrong hotel accidentally) it was great. Our first day began at the Spanish Steps, the Trevi Fountain (which is under construction – total bullshit,) the Pantheon, and ended at Piazza Navona, where we had gelato, risotto, espresso, and hung out.




Our second day, we went to the Colosseum and the forum and then got stuck in the pouring rain and wanted to cry. Our site seeing for day 2 was cut short when we had to walk a few miles to find our bus while it poured continuously.






The rain was miserable but we made up for it the third day with a tour of the Vatican.

Here I am all squinty eyed. Obvs awesome.



That night we had 3 dinners and a lot of tiramisus and it was all delicious.



Tuesday morning we woke up and finally came home. Our first flight was from Rome to Paris, which landed way after our second flight was done boarding. All I wanted to do was shop in the airport in Paris and I couldn’t even do that. I was not happy. After 8 and a half hours we landed in New Jersey. Customs was a little annoying, our bags were spot checked, I hugged my dad, he got us coffee and we froze our asses off trying to find his truck. Finally, we drove home.

20141123-220341.jpgI feel like I used the word “finally” a lot as I discussed the last leg of our trip. That’s because I missed my family and my routine and not having to wake up at 7am and walk around for 12 hours.

As much as I love to travel and see new things and experience different cultures, cuisines and people, I missed being home. I missed people speaking English and not getting dirty looks on the Metro. I missed my bed.


I loved my trip but thank God I’m home.

*After Thought:
My boyfriend managed to eat 4 onion soups during the 3 days we spent in France. I just wanted to add that in. I found it funny. Maybe that’s why the French dislike Americans.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s