Day One Post Vegas

Welcome to Struggle City, Population: Me


Today was a mess.

I arrived at JFK International Airport at 12am last night and was picked up by my mother and brother. It took us about an hour and 15ish minutes to get home. Once home, I ate a bowl of left over pasta and caught up with my mom. Finally, after way too long, I showered and crawled into my bed. By then it was about 2am.

My alarm was set for 6:10 this morning but of course I hit snooze. I rolled out of bed at 6:30, brushed my teeth, put on jeans and the first black shirt in my closet and was standing at the bus stop by 7. I passed out on the bus as soon as I sat down.

I woke up as we were leaving the Lincoln Tunnel and hitting 34th st. I forgot that I don’t have as much time to recover from my early morning nap as I used to now that my office is the second stop instead of the 9th so I almost missed it. I ran up the middle isle of the bus and may or may not have ran into a chair in the process. Super embarrassing. Cool.

I got to the front of the bus as the driver was closing the door. I yelled hey and scared the woman in the front seat. He looked back and realized who I was and then let me jump off just before the light turned green. Once off the bus and still groggy from sleep, I hobbled to the Dunkin Donuts a few doors away from my office and spent the last $2 I had on my Dunkin Perks card on a small coffee. Apparently I was too tired to even finish the coffee so that was a waste. I stumbled into my building hugging my coffee and finally made it to mg cubicle without running into anything else. Of course I was 45 minutes early because I take an annoyingly early bus every day just in case there’s traffic. I sat at my desk ate my zucchini cake and drank about a third of my coffee while perusing the emails I’d gotten over the weekend.

Finally by 9am everyone was in and asking how my vacay was. I left out the gory details and showed them the picture of me miserably eating my chicken fingers while hungover at a pool party, (see image below.) The rest of my day was filled with projects and trying my hardest to stay awake.

At about 2:30 I went on a hunt for soup as a second lunch. Instead I found this awesome rice and a iced pumpkin spiced latte from Starbucks. the woman at the counter didn’t want to give it to me at first but then let me have it without even knowing the code to unlock it… Love her. It tasted funny but it’s fine because I miss fall and pumpkin.

Overall, I didn’t die today, which is definitely a win. The girl I work with who went to Vegas two weekends ago kept asking if I was crashing and I kept trying to tell her that you can’t crash when you’re already at the bottom.

I think this is my favorite picture from my trip to Las Vegas, I’m just sitting at some random people’s table that they paid $5,000 for, eating chicken fingers and ignoring everyone. Pure mess right there.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s