October is my favorite month. I don’t know if you sensed the excitement in the title ( I also like to use the cap lock button-no biggie.)
Sure its the month of my birth, BUT it is also the coolest month on the calendar. Therefore I have compiled a list of reasons why October rocks.
- Halloween- the coolest, scariest, most delicious holiday ever (also, the holiday with the best candy, totally kicks Easter’s butt.) AND YOU GET TO PLAY DRESS UP LIKE ALL OF THE TIME AND NO ONE THINKS ITS WEIRD. You can be a ninja turtle or the hulk or a nerd or a pirate. And its all good.
- It is the middle of fall, which means that the leaves are extra crunchy and extra pretty, in turn making me extra happy.
- Big, comfy sweaters are totally acceptable, which means that the wearer is comfortable all the time! so great ahh
- Hocus Pocus is on TV ALL THE TIME. I love the movie… it had gotten to a point that I would watch it on my laptop at work, at least once a week… in April… when it was warm. I just missed it so much!
- BOOTS ugh, I love boots. I want all of them. I’m crazy I know, but there are so many different kinds. AND they’re the best type of footwear, don’t you dare even disagree.
- You cannot pass a store without some kind of ghost, goblin or witch in the window – gotta love the dedicated decorator!
- Pumpkins everywhere. They are the cutest little things, you cant not love them, all orange with their adorable little stems. Some even have faces, how do people not think that is the coolest thing ever!?
- Pumpkin flavored everything. I was gonna make this part of #7 but it deserves its own number. I mean, think about it. Pumpkin spice coffee, pumpkin pie, pumpkin cookies, and cupcakes, and candies and oh my lanta.
- Scarves- GAHH I love comfy scarves that I can wrap my neck/head in and just sit and be happy. And the best part is that most scarves are super pretty. *killin two birds with one fashionable stone*
- Halloween Oreos- I love Oreos. They are my favorite kind of cookie, they also come in an assortment of awesome flavors, and around Halloween they are made with orange cream and have cool pumpkins on the outside. Its just a great thing.
- Its getting chilly, which can only mean one thing- Down Comfortersssssssss. Nothing beats the comfy-ness of a giant comforter, a giant mug of tea and your favorite book. Nothing.
- Fireplaces- We have a fireplace in my living room. Its giant and the outside is painted white. My mom hates it because its wood burning, which means it gets soot everywhere. But it is the most wonderful thing on a Saturday night to sit next too while watching a movie with the family.
So, in conclusion, October is the best month of the year, and if you don’t believe me yet, here is a gif of a dancing pumpkin spice latte.